The DAPCEP admissions policy is designed to maximize fairness and consideration of all eligible applicants. Each program director or selection committee seeks to have a qualified, balanced, broad base of students, each of whom must meet the eligibility requirements for the desired program. Typically, each program has more applicants than it has allotted spaces. While every consideration is given to maximize total enrollment with as many students as possible receiving their first selection, the numerical realities of the program and its funding will result in some students not getting their desired program or not even admitted to DAPCEP at all.
We encourage all students who are not admitted to reapply during the next enrollment period
The application must be signed on pages 2, 3 and 6 and stapled with a report card for students in grades 4 – 8 and a transcript for students in grades 9 – 12. Blank applications CANNOT be printed from the website but can be picked up at the office. All applications must be submitted during enrollment week.
Criteria for Application Completion
1. Application must be signed by a parent or guardian and the student on pages 2, 3 and 6.
2. Students in grades 10, 11, and 12 must attach a copy of their current transcript.
3. Students in grades 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 must attach a copy of their most recent report card.
4. You MUST attach one copy of the report card/transcript to the application. REPORT CARDS AND TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
5. You MUST submit your application to the DAPCEP office, Oakland University or University of Michigan Ann Arbor during enrollment week. You will be given a receipt for each application submitted. Keep your receipt. No faxes or emails or mailed applications or report cards/transcripts will be accepted.
6. Incomplete or multiple applications will disqualify you from acceptance.
Criteria to Receive a Certificate of Completion
1. Student must attend all class sessions. Any student who misses two (2) class sessions (regardless of circumstances) will not receive a certificate. Class sign-in sheets determine attendance.
2. Student shall not be tardy more than one (1) time or they will not receive a certificate.
3. If required by a particular course, students shall achieve 80% (B letter grade) or higher from the overall course.
4. If required by a particular course, students must complete all homework assignments.
5. If required by a particular course, students must take all exams.
6. If required by a particular course, students must take a pre and post-test.
1. View the program booklet on our website www.dapcep.org or obtain a paper copy from the DAPCEP office.
2. Review the courses offered, select the course that the applicant qualifies for, complete the application and sign pages 2, 3 and 6.
3. Drop off the completed application package during enrollment week. You will receive one receipt for each application. No faxes or emails will be accepted. Late applications will not be accepted.
4. Oakland University and University of Michigan Ann Arbor will ONLY accept completed, signed, report card/transcript stapled applications.
5. The DAPCEP office accepts all applications, offers paper applications and assistance for you to complete and print the application online.
6. Program Directors select students from applications submitted.
7. If you are not selected for your desired course and you indicated “yes” to be considered for other choices, your application will be shared with other DAPCEP Program Directors.
8. All students will receive a notification letter from the DAPCEP office and accepted students will be invited to an orientation.