Volunteer with DAPCEP
DAPCEP volunteers are a key aspect of the program’s success. Volunteers support large-scale DAPCEP events and courses by:
- Guiding students throughout event/course spaces towards different workshops (when in-person events resume)
- Engaging students during workshop presentations
- Monitoring students during transition periods (when necessary)
- Acting as group leaders and distributing bags, shirts, and snacks
- Assisting in workshop timekeeping
- Virtually monitoring workshop sessions
Become a WonderMaker
Wondermaker teachers are THE motivating source for most of DAPCEP students. Combining passion for the STEM subject area with a unique ability to instruct, inspire creativity and command the class, teachers are a vital asset for DAPCEP programming. Wondermaker duties include:
- Developing STEM curriculum with hands-on, interactive activities
- Planning weekly lessons
- Using learner data to refine curriculum
- Measuring student progress
- Attending to student needs. Provide extra support when needed.
- Providing encouraging feedback and advice to students.