What We Do
DAPCEP works to ensure that minority students who possess the talent, intelligence, and capacity to excel in STEM fields receive the training and preparation required to develop their skills and build confidence.
We believe that with access to high-quality academic experiences at an early age, these students will grow into STEM leaders and help ensure that the future workplace is diverse and reflects the unique strengths of people from an array of backgrounds.
On Saturdays during the school year, in camp format during the summer, and with programs throughout the year – we motivate, expose, and prepare students for futures in STEM fields. Youth learn in science and engineering laboratories on college campuses, meet minority engineers, college students, and other STEM professionals.
Core program models include:
- Six-eight week courses on Saturdays in the Spring and Fall (Saturday Series)
- Multi-year, cohort model programs
- Pop-Up STEM workshops and STEM Days
- Signature corporate collaboration programs
- College prep courses
- Curated in-school STEM programs