The DAPCEP Explorers program is based on FasTracKids, an internationally recognized curriculum designed to excite and engage young people in the educational process. The curriculum is designed to develop key school and life readiness skills such as critical thinking, creativity, confidence, communication and collaboration. DAPCEP Explorers will focus on the process of learning (how) as well as the content of the lessons (what). Using Interactive Board technology, we will cover various topics such as: Astronomy, Biology, Creativity, Earth Science, Economics, Mathematics, Natural Science, Speech, and Technology. The curriculum used correlates with national education standards.
DAPCEP Announces Scholarships for Detroit Public Schools students to the DAPCEP Explorers Program!!
The Detroit Public Schools Foundation has awarded DAPCEP scholarships for Detroit Public School students interested in attending the DAPCEP Explorers Program. Up to 33 students are eligible for a partial tuition scholarship. DPS students participating in the program will only have to pay: $50 for the entire 8 week program. You must have proof of enrollment in a Detroit Public School or Early Education Program to receive this scholarship.
Acceptable forms of student enrollment:
- Letter from student’s teacher or principal on Detroit Public Schools letterhead
- Verification letter of enrollment from Detroit Public Schools
Please provide a copy of school enrollment documentation with your application. Documentation will not be returned.
Logistics & Registration Information: DAPCEP Explorers Spring Program 2014
Registration will begin January 6, 2014 - February 14, 2014
Dates (Saturdays Only): February 22nd – April 26th (No Class: April 19th)
Location: University YES Academy, 14669 Curtis St, Detroit, MI 48235 (Click Here for MAP of Location)
Program Times: 9:00AM-10:30AM or 11:00AM-12:30PM
Cost: $200 per child (Discount available for families with multiple children)
- Print & Complete the Explorer Program Application: DAPCEP Explorers Application SP2014
- Paper applications are currently at the DAPCEP Office
- Completed applications must be turned into the DAPCEP Office at: 100 Farnsworth, Suite 249, Detroit, MI 48202
- Questions: Please call or email Sakina Masud (email@example.com) / 313-831-3050)
- Online credit or debit payments can be made at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/4J3C0
- In-person payments will be accepted on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. (Payments will be accepted during the DAPCEP Saturday Enrollment, January 21-23rd) Payments must be in the form of the cashier’s check or money orders ONLY. Cash will not be accepted in the DAPCEP office.
- All payments are non-refundable